Monday, August 19, 2013

Weeding


August 19, 2013
Enjoying a mid-morning cuppa on the patio, w Chester lying nearby, on a lovely morning. I've had one male Ruby Theoat Hummingbird visit the feeder - I never tire of watching them. I've enjoyed our garden this summer, and have learned some life lessons from it.  Watering the new plants early in the summer, when newly planted is time consuming. I learned though that it afforded me time to do some weeding as I watered. This kept weeds under control and the gardens looking good. So, an overwhelming task of weeding a garden full of weeds never happened. No mind boggling revelation but as a newbie gardener, I thought I'd have lots of dedicated weeding time all summer long. Perfectionism gets in my way- so although there are a few weeds in each garden, overall the gardens are looking beautiful. There's lots of clutter to be rid of here, projects to do and cleaning, too. I'm often stopped in my tracks by the thought of tackling all at once and getting the job ALL DONE. I'm hoping to apply what the weeds have taught me, to take bite size pieces regularly and achieve my goals in a consistent and stress free manner. It will be rewarding to the garden of my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment